Yesterday C had his last soccer class of the session. I really dig this class. The uniform is too too cute and the games they play really teach soccer skills without any real competition. I am not opposed to competition by any means, but this is definitely the kind of 3-year-old soccer I prefer. When he's a little older, and he wants to, I will sign him up for "running in a swarm up and down the field or maybe playing with grass" soccer.
![]() |
| Getting his certificate |
M on the other hand, would already be involved in soccer should there be a team she could join at 18-months-old. She LOVES sports and the hardest hour of her week was watching the other kids not play soccer. Every week I would let her out of the stroller and she would grab C's ball and run and kick it. The coach even commented how good she is. "She just got more kicks than some of the kids who actually take the class!" And it's true.
She also throws really well and she can jump already. I don't know what age jumping is actually supposed to occur but it seems ridiculously early to me. I think it's great but on some level I just want her to slow down! I didn't say she could get so big!
Today was our field trip. All the kids practiced saying "May I please have a chocolate fudge sundae?" before we left. 2/3 said their sentence and paid with no problem. I had put the exact amount needed into a baggie for each of them so it would be easy, but we have one super shy kiddo and she wouldn't say a word or hand over the money. But we kind of knew that going in since she wouldn't even practice.
They ate their ice cream, while wearing crowns and then they played for a good long time. It was a super fun field trip. We don't have many of the indoor playground places in this area. The closest one to us is Chick-Fil-A but we really only have one location (that isn't in a mall) and it is always SO CROWDED. I have never taken my kids there even though they have all sorts of special program and things for kids. I would go back to Burger King for sure because it was WAY not crowded and the kids had a really good time.
I feel like May is going really fast! And I have so much to do still!

Oh, wow! Jumping at 18 months? That does seem young!
ReplyDelete