Tuesday, May 24, 2016

This Is All I've Got Today

First off, thank you for your prayers. Henry, my father's Godfather passed away early this morning. Even though we have known for a week now that it was very likely, it doesn't make it any easier. He was a very dear man and I am sad. I am however glad that he wasn't in pain, he wasn't alone and he is now at peace. That is something to be thankful for certainly.

In much much happier news, I have to tell you that I got my Backyard BBQ Scentsy warmer today. 


It was billed as a "Father's Day" bundle. And I get it, dads like to grill. Makes sense. But oh.my.cute. I just love it. This warmer sold out in a week and I totally get it. I am kind of whatever on the wax that came with it. The Man scents aren't my favorite. (Well I totally dig Bonfire Beach so 1/3.) 

I don't usually do the whole "warmers for different seasons thing." We don't have holiday warmers that we rotate in and out. If I am being honest, we do have a Christmas penguin warmer, but if you think C would ever let that be unplugged from his room, that's just not true. I don't even usually buy warmers these days. But this little grill is going in my red kitchen for the summer months. Because I love it. And it really is the brightest spot in my day so I am just going to enjoy it. 

Today was my last normal school day!! We did "cooking." Which in preschool speak means we made Chex Mix and Muddy Buddies/Puppy Chow. And we watched Doc McStuffins. And played outside. I brought my A-Game the rest of the year, and I will on Thursday again. But today... they got my C-Game. 

Ignore the apostrophe that has no place there. Trust the sentiment. I wanted a clean version. That's how I say it in my head too. Look at all the Fs I give. 

I will go out with a bang on Thursday. Mark my words. And I will have the blog posts (yes plural) to tell you all about C's (Ant)Arctic Birthday Party. Because you guys, my guy is going to be 4-years-old. 




1 comment:

  1. I'm very sorry about Henry's passing. I will keep you all in my prayers. And sometimes, your C game is all they need!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!