Friday, May 27, 2016

The Awesome (Ant)Arctic Party


My guy turned 4-years-old yesterday. In honor of him, we planned a super special (Ant)Arctic Party to celebrate him and his love of walrus, polar bears and penguins. It was such a wonderful day and just the perfect way to celebrate C! I 100% admit that while I wanted everyone to have fun, I specifically planned things and details that my guy would appreciate. He did. He didn't miss a detail. And bonus: the three party guests who don't live at our house had fun too!


We kept the food simple because it was a morning party. Arctic Punch. Which was Blue Raspberry Kool-Aid mixed with cheapo Lemon Lime Pop. Blueberries. 


Cheddar Penguin Crackers. Penguin gummies. Which look super cute but also taste great as they're peach flavored! 


And cupcakes, because it was a birthday party. The easiest cupcakes ever. White cake with white frosting in blue foil cups made for our snow and ice. Delicious and easy. Husband designed the walrus, polar bear, Adelie and Macaroni penguin toppers and printed them on synthetic paper so they would just poke right in! 


Last week C's Godmother, Husband and I took a few hours to cut 55 traditional snowflakes and 8 large 3D snowflakes to decorate with. Cheap, handmade decorations that made a big impact. It was magical. It still is, we haven't taken them down yet.



It was the very best party I could have imagined for C. He loved every single second of it. His joy only intensified mine. Gosh I love this kid. And I loved this party. 


I have a series of posts to round out this holiday weekend of ours with some more details of our party, if you're interested. 

4 comments:

  1. Mom of the year!!!!
    You did an amazing job, my friend.
    Love!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Love every single detail. Two different types of penguin cut-outs, YOU ARE SO COOL! Love it! Happy birthday C, you are so loved!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the perfect party - thoughtful, detailed, budget-friendly, and full of details the birthday boy loved! Great job, mama!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!