If you've been here a few times you probably know that we love Mo Willems. The man can seriously almost do no wrong. (Except for the fold out spread in
Knuffle Bunny Free... that was just dumb.)
So it goes without saying that we are big Elephant Piggie fans. It's a series of 25 books. The final book,
The Thank You Book was released on May 3. I had it preordered and it came as promised that day. But I didn't open the box.
I couldn't really bring myself to do it. It just seemed so final.
 |
| Kind of like this. |
But today I gave it and opened the box. And I read the book. And it was good. Piggie thanks everyone who is important to their stories and it is a cute little retrospective for children. (And me.) I may have gotten a little teary as I finished. Elephant Gerald and Piggie are stand up characters who have taught my boy how to wait, recognize when he was cranky, share, make friends, deal with disappointments and other important life lessons.
My heart is sad that Elephant and Piggie are saying goodbye as characters but I am so glad that there are 25 books in my home that I can go to anytime and hang out with them.
So as one of the readers, I have to give a big thank you to you Elephant Gerald and Piggie right back double. We love you always.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!