Thursday, November 9, 2017

A Tale I Will Tell You


You may recall, when I left you yesterday my backyard looked like this:


M and I went to pick up C from school. And it was the darnedest thing, as we pulled up to the school M talked to me. When it was our turn to collect C, I asked her a question and she didn't respond. I asked C if she was asleep and he said yes. I confirmed that she was "for real asleep" and not "pretend asleep" but no. She was asleep.

Well we got home and she was deeply and wonderfully asleep.


I wasn't going to move her. And since that meant I needed to be outside anyway I got to work on raking the leaves. C helped. Sort've. 


At least he had fun. (I totally had him take his jacket off for a classic in the leaves photo but he put it right back on.) After about an hour our lawn looked like this:


The leaves really were falling faster than I could pick them up. But it was much improved anyhow! But one little girl was still totally completely asleep. So I got back into the car, with a little Halloween candy and read a book.


Then a little while later, she woke up and we resumed the playing outside, only this time with two kids. Soaking in the sunshine until it was time to start dinner. (And the sun was pretty much sayonara anyway...)


Now that's where this story ends. Because it certainly doesn't continue to the point where everyone under the age of six wouldn't eat their enchilada at dinner and didn't get desert. Certainly not. And already at the time of writing I could rake the leaves again already. Oh Fall. So much work.

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!