Thursday, November 2, 2017

November

It's November. That feels crazy. It was just August yesterday people. But nevertheless it is in fact November.

We survived trick-or-treat. We started out by bopping over to Husband's Aunt and Uncle's house. They gave our kids Halloween treat bags with two books each and stickers and candy. Then we went around their cul-de-sac which is like twelve houses. M didn't even go to the last two houses, she was over it already. One of the house was the best house ever. They were handing out spiked hot apple cider to the adults. It was delicious.

We headed to our house to trick-or-treat in our neighborhood and M flat our refused. She just didn't want to. But C wanted to and he wanted to go with me. It was so super sweet going out just the two of us. Years past it's always been Husband going out so it was a real treat for me. He held my hand and we went from house to house. He did a good job with his manners. We did about 12 more houses and then headed back to our house. Even though we did ultimately buy a bag of candy just in case (my Native American name would for sure be Little High Hopes) we didn't get a single trick-or-treater. Boo.

And now it is November. Holy cow. M and I did the school Mass yesterday and she did a pretty good job. We bopped out just a smidge early because we had to pick C up across the street.

November came in as November usually does; gray, cold and damp. Yuck. November is definitely not my favorite but I am going to try really hard to not let it be a bad one. I bought a door decoration on Amazon so that at least my door is Festive.


We have hanging jack-o-lanterns for September/October and a Christmas Wreath. I also have a big yellow Sunflower from about May to the time I put up the jack-o-lanterns. Now I will have the Turkey for November and then I need to get a snowman or something for rest of the year.

November is here. I just can't believe it!

1 comment:

  1. I could definitely get behind some spiked apple cider! That's a good neighbor! And the Thanksgiving wreath is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!