My dad and I went to Costco together and then we also went to Hy-Vee. I have always enjoyed errands with my dad, plus he buys me things! I've been out of his house for seven years but if he still wants to buy my family a box of mandarin oranges I will let him!
My mom and I went to visit my grandpa who is recovering from a partial hip replacement. This is what the complex sign said:
But my mom and I also went to Walgreen's together and we made a mock instagram of food because for whatever reason my mom doesn't get why people take pictures of their food and post it. She also doesn't give a hoot when I ask her about her dinner or tell her what we had. It was a fun laugh.
![]() |
| Turkey Sandwich and water! #lunch #sotasty #thanksgivinggoeson #leftovers |
two. Seeing Wonder. I did dedicate an entire post to it yesterday after all. But we so rarely get out to something fun, and even rarer that I spend time alone. Plus it was just a great movie. I highly recommend it.
three. Going to Ikea. I was a
four. Board games. We played Catan, and Catan: Cities and Knights. And I loved every single round it. It was the first time playing Cities and Knights for us and there was a fairly steep learning curve but now I really understand the strategy and love it! My brothers are also known for mixing random games together, their Jumanjopolife (Jumanji, Monopoly and Life) game is the stuff of legends. We created Trivial Who, which was Trival Pursuit and Guess Who. So many laughs and so much fun.
five. Escape Room! Last Christmas my mom planned for us to go to an escape room. It was SO much fun! So she got us another one for Thanksgiving! And we went and we loved it yet again. It was rated the "most difficult" rating but since we only played one side of the room it made it a little easier because we for sure escaped with 19:58 left and we only used two hints. Our first hint I stand by because we truly were never going to figure it out. Had I known how close we were to the end I probably wouldn't have gotten the last clue. We did take the traditional post escape picture but I know my brothers would hate if I posted it.
So those were the top 5 things about my Thanksgiving weekend. A quick bonus thing was that we passed an Amish buggy on the drive from Husband's Grandma's house to my parents which is the BEST part of that drive!






I have never once been to IKEA! Can you believe it? Glad you had such a great weekend! I maintain that Thanksgiving is the best of all the holidays!
ReplyDelete