Yesterday we made a Frankencrayon.
You know the titular character from Michael Hall's acclaimed book?
Don't worry I had never heard of it either. But C has been fairly obsessed with The Day the Crayons Quit and The Day the Crayons Came Home for a while so when he asked for Michael Hall's two crayon books from his book order, I figured he'd love them too. And he does.
My kid loves crayons and art and reading. So... pretty much right up his alley.
Books about crayons? Who knew? But anyway, we made a Frankencrayon and it was surprisingly harder than I anticipated. I went straight to melting them together and then bonding them with tape per the illustrations. Purple and orange bonded well from the start but green clearly had a higher melting point or something and it took a lot more TLC to get them to stick together.
It was kind of fun though and since we used pieces that were in fact already broken we almost just redeemed them a little because now they are loved like no else.
Today Frankencrayon has gone on many adventures and has been able to act out his book several times. And all for the low low cost of free. (And a little effort.)
So if you need me today there is a good chance I'll be playing with crayons, reading about crayons or cleaning up crayons.



I love that your kids enjoy reading and art and crafts!! Have fun with the crayons!
ReplyDelete