Monday, November 13, 2017

The Weekend!

My parents came into town on Thursday night! My kids were so so excited to see them. We had a pizza party and watched Sing with popcorn for a movie night. My parents had never seen Sing and my kids really like that movie. As it happens, it is a really not-annoying kid movie. The only part I wish wasn't in there was the rabbits who start singing "Baby Got Back" but the rest of the movie is pretty great. They were so excited to tell my mom that Johnny was singing "Elton!" They are getting good at identifying his songs!

My kids LOVE to watch popcorn pop. We just make it on the stove top and shake the pot around a bit. My dad didn't think that was safe for the kids so he got us a popcorn popper on Friday. I'm not going to lie, I am pretty excited about it. We of course made popcorn again for out snack and the kids loved it again.

My dad and I also went to Home Depot together and then he helped me mulch up more of my leaves. It was so weird because it was Friday so Husband was at work but it totally felt like a Saturday! We got the yard pretty well cleaned up but never fear, it already looks like we didn't do anything yet again, only now they're all wet so I have to wait for them to dry up a bit. And there's still plenty more on the tree. YIKES! Free yard waste pick up ends next Monday so I hope my tree gets the memo!!

Friday night was the main event... Elton John. And let me tell you, he did not disappoint. Even a little.


Our seats were really pretty good even though our pixely pictures don't seem like they were. He started exactly at 8:00 and played for a straight two hours without an intermission or anything. It was actually very cool. I mean, the man is 70 and he was playing the piano so hard. It was awesome. 

He sang everything I hoped he'd sing. Including Levon which is my favorite! It was awesome!!! We had so much fun and laughed and sang. I just really enjoy spending time with my mom so I am so happy I got a special night out with her. I would post a picture of us that I took and love but she would be horrified if I blogged it so I will not. :) 

On Saturday before they left we went to a craft and vendor show at the elementary school right by our house. That was just okay because there were only like three craft vendors and an awful lot of MLM vendors. And, as a Scentsy consultant I have nothing against MLM vendors at all, but I was really hoping for holiday crafts. But again, fun quality time with my mom! 

Yesterday was blah! It flurried. 


I know it's November and snow is possible. But people, I am not ready emotionally for snow. So Mother Nature better calm it down a bit and hustle herself back to some sunny Fall days. Alas, Winter is coming. I know that's a Game of Thrones reference but I don't get it since I don't watch that show. Is it wildly inappropriate? Can I just say it anyway because it's true?

Anyway, now we are back to Monday. Have a good one everyone!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!