Friday, November 17, 2017

Friday QT

1. So last night I made the Mongolian Beef that Beth recommended. And... yep. It's a keeper for sure. I will tell you that I do not do spicy so I just skipped the jalapenos all together and I didn't miss them. Also, 1 inch of ginger is the most open to interpretation instruction I think I've ever read in a recipe but even still... mine turned out quite tasty! We served ours with rice and broccoli and the kids enjoyed dipping theirs into the sauce. A meal my kids actually ate? YES.



2. What are your big plans for this weekend? We aren't really doing anything. And that is maybe my most favorite thing to type to you right now. We haven't had a regular weekend since October 6! We had the food show, M's birthday, Halloween, dog sitting and Elton John. Yep. I am ready for a comfy cozy weekend.


3. I read a couple of good books this past week or so.


I feel like everyone read this back when it came out, but I just got to it. I enjoyed this read that is written for twelve-year-olds. It's fun, it's bookish and has a good little life lesson about playing fair. 


This was a very wonderful and thought provoking read. There were times the readers were able to piece together more of Eleanor's life than she was, and there were times where we were completely in the dark over what was going on. 

This is a book I know I will reread to try and glean more insight out of. It is beautifully written and is definitely up there as one of the better books I've read in 2017. It made me feel a lot of feels but I also don't think it's for the faint of heart. It definitely touches on some dark themes. 





This was a fun read though slightly confusing at times until it all came together. I hope there's a sequel in the works because I'd love to know what these characters are up to. 

4. So in case you're wondering how my Goodreads Book Challenge is going... 


It's going pretty well. And I think I am going to set a higher goal for 2018. 

6. I am having a hard time coming to grips with the fact that Thanksgiving this week. I mean... that basically means it's 2018 already. I am not a good Advent-er. In fact I kind of really dislike Advent. But Colleen is going to focus her Advent on her marriage and I think that sounds lovely. I am going to do the same and come out on the Christmas side of things a better wife. 

7. I have never been one to find myself with SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) but November has been rough on me with the gloom. These past few days it actually has been sunny and I have forced myself to get outside and get some of that sunshine into my pocket. I am going to be getting some Vitamin D and kick my step count into gear to make sure those doldrums don't turn into something yucky. 


Probably also going to make a super upbeat playlist so I can dance it out every day. Dancing it out is good stuff. 

Okay everyone. Happy weekend!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!