Only a lot, a lot more. Every year, they drop right on or near C's birthday. We have in the past had water parties with swimming for his birthday because that is one of his favorite things. The helicopters don't preclude that of course but they make it annoying. But it has rained every year on his birthday.
This year we planned an indoor party just because we know it will rain. It just will. It rained the day he was born. It rained when he turned one, two and three. It's going to rain.
BUT all the helicopters dropped this week!!! Like right now! Two weeks out! So on the off chance that it doesn't rain, which is slim, the kids can at least run around outside and play without a bajillion helicopters all over. Assuming we sweep/mow/rake before then of course. (We will.)
two. Grace and Frankie. Oh my gosh. Do you have Netflix? I love this show. I love that there was a commercial on during The Good Wife finale for this show. We finished the second season last night and it is brilliant. Super interesting look at people and life. So very funny. I am quite certain that it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea but I totally dig it.
three. This article. Which basically states that people don't appreciate Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead enough. It's true. They don't. But I do, We quote this movie all the time. Seriously. It's true movie love. And has just become mandatory Friday night viewing.
four. I am embarrassed to admit that I have lived here for almost six years and have never gotten a library card. My Minnesota library card still works just fine for ebooks and Husband had one for here. But his expired and C has been asking to go to the library. So we are going to try to go get one today. I am not quite sure what two forms of ID they want (and I think it's hilarious that they care that much because even the New York public library just requires a driver's license) so wish me luck.
five. So the warmer of the month for Scentsy is this camper. Consultants can get the warmer and scent of the month early and I was going to un-enroll for the warmer because I don't camp and I don't really know anyone who does. Well, my mistake, I wound up with the thing anyway!
And then the warmer earned itself a cult following and sold out in 1 day. Now it is backordered until June and people still keep buying them! So as luck would have it, another consultant bought mine from me. That makes me happy because it is going to someone who wants it and I get my money back. Everyone wins. Well I will for sure when it arrives to the consultant tomorrow and is in one piece. But things are looking good.
six. We are at the inside out/backwards clothing stage. C cannot be bothered to take the time to put his clothes on correctly. But at least he's dressed? Let's hear it for small victories!
seven. In bad news, the strawberry patch we've gone to for the past few years is no longer letting children under sixth grade come to pick. AND you can't just show up, you have to make reservations. SO... I am in the market for a new strawberry patch. It's just majorly lame because C has been talking about it already and my kids just LOVE strawberries.
Happy Weekend Friends! Linkin' Up with Kelly this fine day.




Ugh, we have a giant silver maple too, so I feel your pain. However, as kids we used to open them up and use the green seeds as pretend money haha, so I have taught Annamarie that.
ReplyDeleteI love that camper warmer for my parents! I wish my mom used scents I would buy it for them :(
Those helicopters...Eileen picks up every single one and tries to eat them! Good luck with the library, I agree that it's hilarious how strict they are. And boo about the strawberries! Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteFound you through the 7QT linkup at Kelly's! I love the creative clothing stages kids go through. And in the cases of some of my girls, creative hairstyles! I have some great pictures for them to laugh at when they're older.
ReplyDelete