My girl got her very first haircut at Magic Kingdom. Which I was strangely emotional about. Husband thought I was silly but she was so bald for so long it was hard to explain how I was feeling. It just was the one "baby" thing I was holding on to. We were eating lunch before her appointment and I was just staring at her hair drinking it in. And I took a million before pictures which are trapped on my defunct phone. Boo.
Tucked away on Main Street U.S.A. is the Harmony Barbershop and with an appointment they will give you a haircut! I made a "Baby's First Haircut" appointment for my baby a few months in advance. As you do at WDW. It did not disappoint. In fact it was magical because... Disney.
She got to play with a spiny Rapunzel which is her princess of choice. And Miss Valerie gave her a little trim to even her hair out. I was going for more ceremonial than "actual cut" and she delivered beautifully. It's probably a really good gig to be one of the barbers at the shop because tips and air conditioning! They are all licensed cosmologists and so nice. But who isn't nice at Disney? Not many people that's for sure.
Miss Valerie even put her hair up into pigtails and sprinkled pixie dust on! The whole experience was everything my mom heart needed and wanted from her first haircut. It was special and wonderful. Then because Mickey knew it was her first haircut, she got her very own special ears to commemorate the occasion. All told the package for the haircut, certificate, ears and keepsake hair clippings was only $25. The ears all by themselves are $24 so it is basically a steal. Which if you know WDW, you know there's very little that is, in fact, a steal.
Things to know about the barbershop:
- It's tiny. Three chairs only. So appointments are a must. I have read that you can pop in early in the morning to see if you can get on the schedule, but then of course there's no guarantee.
- They do not wash your hair. They have spray bottles to dampen it if need be but you are instructed to come with clean, dry hair.
- Because the shop is so small there isn't a lot of room for spectators. Fair warning.
- Harmony Barbershop is right next to the gates where the Main Street U.S.A. parades start, so if your haircut is close to a parade, you would probably want to give yourself extra time to get there.
Oh M. I am so glad we were able to take this little girl to WDW, she was totally old enough to love it and find it magical but the fact she was still two meant that she was a guest of Mickey Mouse. (That means she didn't need a ticket!) And I will never forget her first haircut and she'll always be able to say that it was at Magic Kingdom, which I think is pretty neat.

I had no idea!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a Magical memory you created for your girl.
I can only imagine how special it was for her.
And for Mom. : )
How sweet!!! What a great memory for the two of you!!
ReplyDelete