Thursday, November 30, 2017

Thursday Happy Thoughts

I have a few random things that make me laugh and smile to share with you. Other than the fact they make me happy, they are pretty much unrelated.

Last week I bought all the ingredients for the recipe Beth suggested for Terriyaki sheet pan dinner. I went into the kitchen to start making the dinner and Husband was already working on it. He figured out that since I have gotten all my sheet pan recipes from Beth lately, that's where I got this one. So he went to her blog, found the recipe and started cooking. It was hilarious to me that he was so clever as to do that and super helpful to boot!!

Our radio station started playing Christmas music at the beginning of November. That is too early and I love Christmas music. So we held out until Tuesday of this week. We were sitting in car line and "My Favorite Things" came on. C looks at me and with great shock/confusion/knowledge says "This isn't a Christmas song. This is from The Sound of Music!" Then he face palms. And I laughed so hard. Because first of all I didn't know he knew how to face palm, and second he is 100% correct on all counts. Singing about snowflakes and sleigh bells does not automatically make a song Christmas-y.



We got a surprise Christmas cheer package yesterday from a blogger you probably know and love. It delighted my children to no end. M seriously did not take off this Minnie Mouse hat for hours. And she has already put it back on today. She sent C a Write Your Own Story Book and he is busy like a bee learning and writing. Marie truly just had some things laying around she thought my kids would enjoy and then sent them to us. How wonderful this world really is!!



C had his first spelling test! And I love it. I cropped out his name because he wrote first and last.


Clearly he has some room to grow with the whole writing on the lines thing... (and the capital As and Ds all the time thing is driving me mad) but all in all I am happy he is doing so well! Over thanksgiving he was making his own activity books for people to do and he spelled activity from memory... he shocks me daily with his knowledge.

So those are my Thursday Happy Thoughts. I hope you have a wonderful day today!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Indeed!!!!!!!
    We always say that about that song!!!!!!!!!!!
    What the heck???
    And yes. Blogging friends are the best.
    Your little girl looks so precious. : )
    Have a cozy day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! That face palm had to have been the best!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It sure makes my day!